Kismet Reference Monitors
Beryllium, Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!
Our brand new Reference monitors. We simply had to design a loudspeaker with the ScanSpeak Beryllium and the Revelator 4531 bass unit. We just had to, considering that this Beryllium tweeter is considered the single worlds best driver everywhere. Well, it better be up there considering it’s astronomical $ 550. / piece price, but man, is it worth it.
What can we possibly say about it ??? You have to listen to it. The sparkle, the natural extension, the ridiculous “being there” is awesome. ScanSpeak has produced something very, very special. So, staying in line with our goals of pure emotional, 3 dimensional, non-fatiguing and natural tonality, the Kismet Reference Monitors fit right in there with our Hybrid Integrated and the Kismet amplifiers. They are truly part of the same family, and without listening, it is simply impossible to describe them.
General description of the Kismet Monitors's Illuminator tweeters...
...stand for superb vocal rendition and excellent imaging at all listening levels. The D3004/664000 is "top of the range" with its pure beryllium diaphragm, large roll surround, and AirCirc motor system, it provide a excellent - unsurpassed - sound reproduction with a flat frequency response to above 40KHz, outstanding off-axis response, low distortion and dynamic precision.
- Beryllium Diaphragm (99% Pure Be)
- Patented Symmetrical Drive (SD-2) motor
- Black Rubber Painted Die Cast Faceplate
- AirCirc Motor Design w. 6 Neo magnets
- Large Roll Surround f. Wide Dispersion
- Non-Magnetic Protective Grill
General description of Kismet Monitors' woofers...
...the Revelator midrange and midwoofers, both well known for their sliced paper cone technology. The slices are filled with damping glue, which dramatically reduces breakup modes in the diaphragm. In combination with Scan-Speaks low-loss linear suspension and the patented Symmetrical Drive (SD-1) it represented a breakthrough in midrange clarity and overall smooth frequency response characteristics.
- Patented Symmetrical Drive Motor Design
- Low-Loss linear suspension
- Die cast Alu Chassis vented below spider
- Sliced Cone (Controls Cone Breakups)
- Low Damping SBR Rubber Surround
- Large Ferrite Magnet System
As with all Odyssey gear, it is 100 % hand made in the USA.
- 4 Ohm
- 87 dB sensitivity
- 64 lbs / 29 kg pr
- Optional stands / 24 x 16 x 10 “
- Alphacore / Mundorf / Sonicaps / WBT / Groneberg TS Premium / Riedons
- Price 3,700 USD
- All Products: Anodized Faceplate only + $75.00 USD
- All Products: Complete Product Chassis anodized + $99.00 USD
- All Products: Faceplate only 24 K. Gold or 99.9 % Silver plated + $195.00 USD
- All Products: Faceplate only pure 100 % Platinum plated + $250.00 USD
- Remote control volume operation + 150.00 USD
- 2nd pair of preamplifier outputs + $50.00 USD
- Custom adjustment for your system prior to purchase. Customer has to provide system information to check feasibility. Free of charge.
- All Products : Peace of mind. Whenever you feel That a check-up is necessary. Check on bias, offset, connections And power supply. Only for Registered customers. Free of charge